||ed Vickey is Founder and President of FitWell LLC. FitWell is a fitness management consulting company specializing in operations, design consulting and professional development to the fitness industry, government agencies, Fortune 1000 companies and the golf industry. In addition to his FitWell duties, he is a member of the Board of Directors for the American Council on Exercise, the largest non-profit accredited certification organization in the fitness industry.
From 2001-2006, he was a member of the Executive Team as Vice President at Comprehensive Health Service where he was responsible for the operations, sales, consulting and client account management for the fitness management and wellness screenings division of the company.
Ted is an innovator and leader in the corporate fitness management industry and has presented at industry conferences on many topics including the integration of technology and wellness. In 2004 he was the co-author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Partner Training. He has been a member of professional organizations such as the Association of Worksite Health Promotion and the American Council on Exercise.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise and Sports Science, 1991
- 1995 FitWell won the White House Athletic Center contract
- 1998 Vickey appointed to Board of Directors for the Penn State College of Health and Human Development
- 1999 Fruit of the Loom® and Osram Sylvania® contracted FitWell to design and manage their fitness centers
- 2000 FitWell was awarded the fitness management contract for the Security Exchange Commission
- 2000 The first ever eManagment fitness contract for Eastern Mountain Sports®
- 2001 Department of Commerce fitness center chose FitWell when they were unhappy with their current management company
- 2001 Homeland Security’s TSA fitness testing project chose FitWell to deliver their programs.
- 2002 Pension Benefit Group Plan tenant of Franklin Plaza chose FitWell to manage their fitness center when they were unhappy with their present contractor.
- 2003 Vickey appointed to Dean’s Leadership Council for the Penn State College of Health and Human Development
- 2004 The Pentagon Force Protection Agency choose CHS & FitWell to manage the physical fitness performance medical and fit for duty testing
- 2004 United States Department of Agriculture Eastern Region Center awarded FitWell Associates management of their fitness center and wellness program
- 2005 Civilian Police® (subcontractor to the Department of State) chose CHS and FitWell to design their fitness testing program
- 2002-2005 USAA®, Lands End® Corporation, and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center chose FitWell to perform their health screenings nationwide from 2002-2005.
- 2006 Vickey elected to the Board of Directors for the American Council on Exercise
- 2007 Vickey joins Tee Time Radio as fitness consultant, with CJ McDaniel, the PGA’s first Director of Marketing, Lisa DePaulo, a former LPGA Tour Pro, Dan Potter, Texas’ most-listened-to radio news host, and PGA Hall of Famer and Masters Champion Ben Crenshaw.
Download Ted Vickey's vCard: